If you have never tried baked feta before than you don't know what you're missing! Soft and creamy topped with tomato, pepper slices, oregano, Greek olive oil, and spicy pepper flakes. This Greek side dish is going to amaze you!
What it tastes like? Imagine all of the flavor of the Classic Greek Salad 100 times stronger with a hint of spiciness (although that depends on your liking and how spicy you want to make it)!
It is baked inside aluminum foil but you can also use a baking dish instead. The good thing with aluminum foil is that you can wrap the feta in it and bake it on bbq or griddle also. It's really so easy to make and it takes only 10-15 minutes.
To make this baked feta in foil I put a block of feta cheese on top of a large piece of aluminum foil. Then fold the edges of the aluminum foil all around the block of feta. Add 1-2 slices of tomato, a few slices of green bell pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of dried oregano and freshly ground pepper, as well as a sprinkle of spicy red pepper flakes.
Bake in a well-preheated oven to 250°C/ 482°F until feta softens and veggies cook and drain.
Turn it into a dip!
This delicious Greek side dish definitely calls for some bread. You won't want to miss all of the delicious juices that collect to the bottom of the foil. And that's why a great way to enjoy this baked feta is to turn it into a dip. Yes! that's right just wait for 2-3 minutes for it to slightly cool a bit and then add it into the blender. The result? One of the yummiest dips ever!
Baked Feta In Foil (Feta Psiti)
- 1 block of feta cheese about 150 grams / 5 oz
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 slices of green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of dried oregano
- ground pepper
- hot red pepper flakes
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 250°C/ 482°F.
- Add the block of feta on the aluminum foil. Turn the edges of the aluminum foil in order to wrap it around the feta.
- Add the tomato and pepper slices on top of the feta.
- Sprinkle the olive oil on top.
- Season with dried oregano and pepper. Sprinkle a few hot red pepper flakes on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until feta cooks and softens and gets some color on the edges.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...