These fresh, light, and appetizing Spinach and Feta Wraps can't get any healthier than this!
They are real superfood wraps that get ready in no time! With creamy whipped feta cheese, raw baby spinach, crisp cucumbers, onions, and herbs.
And even though, they are not a traditional Greek recipe, these healthy wraps are inspired by a favorite Greek pie, Spanakopita. Since they do have all of the ingredients you would find in this pie. Only these you get to enjoy in 15-20 minutes tops while making a pie takes ehm quite a bit longer...
They are super easy and quick to make. Here's how:
- First, make the whipped feta cheese. Crumble the cheese and add it to a food processor together with the Anthotyro (or Ricotta) cheese, a bit of fresh lemon juice, and olive oil. Then pulse until smooth.
- Make the wraps. Coat the surface of a tortilla wrap with a layer of whipped cheese. Then add all of the remaining ingredients, tuck in the edges, and roll into a wrap.
Can I Cook These Wraps?
Sure you can! You may want to skip the cucumber though, so it won't make the filling too watery. You can substitute with any of the following additional ingredient ideas I'm mentioning below.
To cook these Spinach And Feta Wraps, use a grill pan (or a simple non-stick pan) and cook them for about 1-2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat. Make sure to brush the pan with some olive oil before adding the tortilla wrap. Or use a sandwich grill.
Other Ingredients You Can Add
To make these wraps even more filling while keeping them light, healthy, and with very few calories, add either of the following:
Broiled, or boiled chicken tenders or breasts. Or hard-boiled eggs. You can even add grilled oyster mushrooms or grilled zucchinis cut into sticks.
If you want more flavor without minding the calories you can add grilled bacon, raw prosciutto, or salami slices.
Healthy Spinach And Feta Wraps
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 160 grams / 5.6 oz Feta cheese
- 160 grams / 5.6 oz Anthotyro or Ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 4 teaspoons olive oil extra virgin
- 100 grams / 3.5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 280 grams / 9.8 oz small cucumbers (like Persian cucumbers) cut into sticks
- 120 grams / 4.2 oz red onion thinly sliced
- 30 grams / 1 oz spring onions (green tops only) chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1,5 tablespoons chopped dill (or spearmint instead)
- Add both types of cheese to a food processor together with the lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse until smooth, if necessary scrape down the sides.
- Place a tortilla wrap on a cutting board spread a generous layer of the whipped cheese all over the tortilla.
- Add a few spinach leaves and cucumber sticks. Toss on top a few onion slices and spring onions, as well as a bit of dill and parsley. Season lightly with salt and pepper and roll into a wrap by tucking in the edges folder-like.
- Repeat the process for the remaining tortillas.
- Cut the tortilla in half and serve with your favorite salad or keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...